If you are looking for more information about our microblading services go here.
Failure to follow post care instructions may cause excessive loss of pigment, discoloration, infection, or overall disappointing results. How your brows heal is partially up to YOU. Please follow these instructions carefully for AMAZING brows! Like any cosmetic procedure, it is a process.
WHAT TO DO
STARTING IN 3 HOURS: CLEANSE, DRY, NOURISH
- GENTLY wash brows using lukewarm water and a disposable paper towel, gauze or cotton pad.
- Pat the area dry and apply a TINY drop of oil to each brow. Options include organic coconut or emu oil.
REPEAT THIS SIMPLE CLEANSING ROUTINE EVERY MORNING & NIGHT UNTIL BROWS ARE HEALED. That’s it! 🙂
WHAT NOT TO DO
- When showering, avoid any soap, shampoo or other cleansers on the treated area while healing. They can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis. Do not soak your face underwater or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
NOTE: Once the flakes have exfoliated, a shiny layer of healed skin will completely cover the hair strokes and it may appear as though your brows have completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply ANY cosmetics, makeup, or sunscreen to the area for 10 days. Products of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT exercise for 10 days after your procedure.
- Avoid direct UV exposure for 1 month. Wear sunscreen and a hat when outdoors.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 1 month.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for 1 month. Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- ALWAYS apply sunscreen to your brows to eliminate excess UV exposure, which can cause faster fading and discoloration over time. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection.
- Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- ALWAYS check your skin care products for ingredients that may lighten or discolor your pigment. Keep your brows free from ALL anti-aging, anti-acne, and exfoliating products and treatments. This includes:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) such as glycolic and lactic acid
- Acne products such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and ProActiv
- Skin lightening creams like hydroquinone, Retin-A, and retinols
- Exfoliating treatments such as microdermabrasion and peels over the treated area
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.