Microblading Aftercare Instructions
If you are looking for more information about our microblading services go here.
First 48 Hours: DO NOT get brows wet or sweat!
After 48 hours: clean brows gently 2 times/day (morning and night) with water, baby shampoo or antibacterial soap (Cetaphil or Dial) and cotton pads. This should be done in the direction of hair growth without forcing the skin. Ensure that all soap is rinsed away and pat dry with a clean cotton pad.
Follow up with a very thin layer of organic grape seed oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil using clean q-tips. Do not apply excessive oil as this will suffocate the skin and delay healing. The oil should be barely noticeable on the skin.
It is forbidden to apply Vaseline, Petrolium, Bepanthen, or any antibiotic cream.
There may be some pigment on cotton pad/q-tips as you are cleaning or applying oil. Do not be alarmed! This is just excess pigment and body fluid naturally exiting through the upper layer of the skin.
DO NOT PICK, RUB, ITCH, TOUCH, or SLEEP ON brows for 10 days.
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs, sauna, steam room for the first 10 days
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area for 10 days
- Avoid direct UV exposure for 1 month. Wear sunscreen and a hat when outdoors.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- DO NOT use Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Scrubs, or any type of retinoid.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.