Microblading Aftercare Instructions
If you are looking for more information about our microblading services go here.
Day of Procedure: ABSORB
Gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every hour for the full day until oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymph. DO NOT get brows wet or sweat!
Days 1 to 10: DRY HEAL
Dry healing is ideal for the crispest results. It’s extremely important to keep your brows free of ALL water and moisture including sweat unless otherwise instructed. Yes, it is very tough to shower and wash your hair without getting your brows wet, but it is going to be worth it! We’ll give you some of our favorite helpful tips and tricks.
Your brows will get scabby, flaky and may be itchy. Your artist will guide you on potentially washing the area with a mild soap and applying a thin layer of ointment on an as needed basis once we assess the skin in service. Avoid touching your brows with your fingers; they are oily and dirty.
DO NOT PICK, RUB, ITCH, TOUCH, or SLEEP ON brows for 10 days.
- Use a fresh pillowcase
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs, sauna, steam room for the first 10 days
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area for 10 days
- Avoid direct UV exposure for 1 month. Wear sunscreen and a hat when outdoors.
- No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- DO NOT use Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Scrubs, or any type of retinoid.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.