bronzed is my happy color
8 common questions answered all about our airbrush spray tans
I’ve had my fair share of traumatizing spray experiences, babes. There’s nothing worse than being in your best friend’s wedding with toes that look like baby carrots! It’s why I was so hesitant in my first few years to ever bring this service into Melt. That’s until I was introduced to these solutions that are derived from apples, pears and brown sugar and truly SHOWN by an aesthetician how artistic airbrush spray tanning truly can be. Once I saw that super-natural, golden glow, I was sold! Unlike most solutions that come from golden beets and carrots (cough cough … orange vegetables?!), these solutions develop the same way apples and pears do when exposed to oxygen — they turn brown! :)
We can all rest easy knowing that these tans will give you that sunkissed look without any UV exposure. Everyone feels more radiant, toned, and healthy with a little bronzed boost.
- Organic, Skin Nourishing Ingredients
- Derived from apples and pears
- Patented Brown-Sugar Formula
- Pleasant, Naturally Sweet Scent
- Flawless Fade (no creepy speckled breakdown)
- Lightweight, Not Sticky
- Paragon free
- Gluten free
- Cruelty free
- Lasts 7-12 Days
- Voted best professional sunless tanning solution by Allure mag
2. HOW DO I CHOOSE BETWEEN RAPID AND CLASSIC?
The biggest key in selecting the spray solution that is right for you is TIMING -- aka the time frame that you'll be wearing the solution the day of your spray. If you're unable to shower at the 2-4 hour mark, you definitely do not want to get the Rapid. Leaving a solution on for too long (or the classic on for not long enough) will interfere with the development of the color. The Classic is most common for anyone who will wear it during the day or sleep in it overnight.
Both solutions work with your natural undertones and will develop into a gorgeous golden bronze for you, but in our experience, we can achieve a deeper color from the Classic solution being left on for up to 12 hours.
Our organic Rapid Solution is perfect for all skin types. It is worn on the skin for 2-4 hours and results in a light to medium color for a super natural sun kiss (the longer you wear it, the darker the tan.) Once showered, the solution continues to develop in the skin for 10 hours and you'll be golden for a full week. This is the perfect option for those who prefer to shower the solution off sooner / a quickie last minute tan.
Our organic Solution is perfect for all skin types. It is worn on the skin for 6-12 hours and results in a medium to deep color like you just came from a beach vacation (the longer you wear it, the darker the tan.) Once showered, the tan is fully developed & you'll be golden for a full week. This is a great option for those who prefer to sleep in their tan overnight or plan to wear it all day while they're out n about.
3. HOW DO I PREP FOR MY APPT?
Pre care is incredibly important for prepping your skin as the canvas for the solution to be sprayed onto. Follow these 5 tips for best results.
- Shave, sugar or wax all unwanted hair beforehand; the more you do so after, the faster the tan will fade since it’s simultaneously exfoliating the skin. We offer body sugaring (like brazils and underarms) and then go straight into a spray tan.
- Exfoliate your entire body to remove dead, dull skin cells; healthy smooth skin makes the best spray tan canvas. My personal fave is LIN body scrub used the day before.
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water so skin is juicy and plump.
- Avoid all body lotions, deodorants, and sprays the day of service; we don't want anything on the skin that would interfere with the solution making full contact and developing.
- Come wearing loose-fitting, dark clothing to your appt so nothing is rubbing away your spray solution while it's developing. While it won’t stain your clothes, we prefer not to take any unnecessary chances :)
4. HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY TAN?
Proper post care is essential for maximizing the look and life of your tan. Here are a few tips to get the best results and prevent premature fading during the first 7-12 days.
- Shower within the appropriate window for the solution you've selected. In this first shower, we recommend avoiding any body washes, using cooler water, and patting dry with your towel (instead of rubbing and scrubbing).
- Lotion up! Definitely be sure to moisturize head-to-toe everyday to keep skin looking dewy and healthy without drying out. This will result in a more even-looking tan and a better fade.
- Hydrate! Keep drinking plenty of water to keep skin juicy from the inside out. Dehydrated tissue looks crispy, flaky and will be extra noticeable with your tan.
- Since facial skin fades faster than the body, I always recommend snagging one of our tinted SPF's like GLOW, MATTE, or FLEX. These are each healthy sunscreens + nourishing bb creams (that I wear as my foundation daily) and will help keep your face matching your bronzed body.
5. CAN I BE SPRAY TANNED IF I’M PREGNANT?
Yep! Our organic solutions are safe for pregnant and nursing mamas :)
6. WHAT DO I WEAR FOR MY APPT?
Clothing is optional for women. Undies required for men.
We honestly recommend just letting it alllll hang out — wear your birthday suit, go full nakie, and let us spray your whole bod without any unnecessary tan lines.
But if you feel more comfortable wearing some undies or a swim suit, we’re totally cool with that too! Just know you’ll obviously acquire some tan lines underneath.
We recommend loose-fitting, dark colored clothing that allows your skin to breathe without rubbing or creating friction.
Please note that solution is likely to transfer to your clothing and bed sheets (if you’re sleeping in the tan) but these are water soluble and will come out in the wash. Even still, we prefer not to risk it in light-colored clothing immediately after.
7. THE MAN TAN?
Yep! We spray men too and trust us, everyyyone feels healthier when they look like they've been lightly kissed by the sun! We simply ask that men keep their undies on.
8. WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO GET SPRAYED IF I HAVE A SPECIAL EVENT?
Spray tans gradually fade a bit each day. So, if you have a special occasion, celebration, or vacation coming up, we recommend getting sprayed as close to it as possible so that the tan is freshest and darkest. Keep in mind you’ll definitely want to rinse the solution off and plan for at least one shower before you travel, go to the pool / beach, or attend an event. Keep in mind that the rapid solution develops in the skin for 10 hours after you’ve showered, so you’ll want to get this one the day before you plan to be golden.
We recommend that Brides build in enough time to shower 2 to 3 times before wearing a white wedding dress just to be extra conscious of the solution transferring.